Ciao Roma! We're delighted to announce that Sony's POP Fun service on Freesat has been shortlisted for an HbbTV Award in the ‘Best Use of HbbTV for Content Discovery (VOD and Guides)’ category.
Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPTN) uses Simplestream’s Hybrid TV solution to power their Kids TV catch-up service on Freesat, as well as YouView and EE TV in the UK. Simplestream’s solution:
- Automates catch-up creation to generate VOD assets from linear channels within minutes of broadcast so the viewer doesn’t have to wait to enjoy their favourite programmes on-demand.
- Ingests playout schedule data to accurately capture the desired components from off-air broadcasts.
- Controls programme availability to ensure full conformance with content rights.
- Enables rich content discovery through real-time asset and metadata provision (such as backwards and forwards-scrolling EPG, text-based search and enhanced programme information).
- Supports the build of a customised branded experience via dedicated TV applications.
- Automatically updates dynamic playlists of content.
This award recognises innovations in content discovery applications from linear TV guides and video-on-demand applications to hybrid solutions. Winners will be announced at the inaugural Awards Ceremony in Rome on 17th October 2017 at the Auditorium Antonianum.