The 10th HbbTV Symposium and Awards will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, on November 9 and 10, 2022. Following the successful 9th edition in Paris later last year, the global initiative is dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes.
The annual key summit of the connected TV industry, targeting platform operators, broadcasters, advertisers and adtechs, standards organisations and technology companies, will be co-hosted with the Czech Association of Commercial Television (AKTV).
Our team will be attending, representing Simplestream as one of the members of the HbbTV Association. Book a meeting now.
Advertising and other means of monetising the hybrid approach to television
📍 HbbTV Symposium & Awards, Prague
🗓 9th November 2022, 3:20 pm
Advertising is one of the oldest businesses in the world. It provides a lucrative method of monetising broadcast services at low-to-no cost to viewers. Hybrid solutions for content distribution naturally provide content owners with a platform to monetise video across big-screen applications, by leveraging advertising and other means.
In this keynote, Ashley Horne – Simplestream’s Technical Director – provides a thorough overview of the set of HbbTV solutions as part of the company’s suite of products, with a focus on multiple monetisation models. In particular, the conversation focuses on the following topical questions:
- What can broadcasters and content owners do to improve their profitability in the HbbTV space?
- Why is the industry drifting back towards linear-like distribution of content with monetisation through ad-insertion?
- What are the differences between server-side and client-side ad insertion, and how can these models work in the HbbTV space?
- How can service providers monitor their users’ data to achieve bigger engagement objectives?
- What other means of monetisation are made possible for HbbTV operators?