Simplestream today announced they have released version 2.0 of their award-winning VOD-in-a-Box solution. Launched in September 2017 at IBC, VOD-in-a-Box is an out-the-box, white-labelled streaming solution. It enables entertainment, sports, music and news providers to quickly launch next generation VOD content and live streaming.
The plug and play platform provides companies with the ability to quickly, easily and cost effectively test the market with their content through a pre-exiting integration with built in monetisation options.
Recent enhancements to the service include:
- Faster launch time – Time to market can be as little as 4 weeks.
- Extended coverage – Available on six major platforms at launch: desktop, iOS and Android (mobile and tablet), TVOS, Fire TV and Roku.
- Dynamic SVOD and AVOD monetisation – Deliver on-demand content across multiple regions and serve up either SVOD or AVOD models, depending on programming rights for that territory.
- Integrated video analytics - Analyse audience behaviour and use the data to help drive performance and maximise revenues. Industry leading Nice People at Work YOUBORA analytics produce deep insights into both quality of service and customer habits.
- In-app purchase – Native in-app purchase makes it easier for customers to ‘go premium’ and drive up subscriber numbers.
- Increased customisation – More flexibility in the look of the apps. Additional layout options and the ability to update key images and text at any time, without the need for app updates.