The way we watch TV is changing!
Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC and Box Nation to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and over 1m On Demand programmes both in the UK and across Europe.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
The role of the Technical writer would involve updating and creating technical documentation and instruction manuals.
You will be responsible for owning the internal and external product documentation. This is a new and permanent position with exciting growth potential
- Take ownership of technical product documentation
- Shape the way in which documentation is created and managed, going forward.
- Work with our, product owners and technical stakeholders to write, edit, proof-read and maintain various technical documentation including but not limited to release notes, feature guides and architecture concepts
- Document existing products for numerous audiences including marketing, administration and development
- Writing detailed information on our existing Content Management System, front end application templates and API’s
- Manage customer facing documents to ensure its up to date and easy to use including onboarding, proposals and FAQ’s
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Technical Author/ Technical Writer in an agile software organisation (ideally with both mobile/web products).
- Have a proven track record of translating technical subjects and jargon into understandable text.
- A strategic and creative thinker with an ability to absorb information quickly and to derive prioritization from multiple inputs and assist various teams in a highly optimised manner.
- Enjoy working in an open, collaborative style both in management and cross-functional working and have a positive, solution-focused approach.
- Excellent command of English with a clear and concise writing style.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills
- A self-motivated individual with an analytical mindset, an inquisitive nature and with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience in streaming or video, protocols such as HLS, DASH and RTMP
- Knowledge of mobile, tablet and TV platforms (Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV)
- Commercial understanding or experience of technical documentation in a sales environment
- Development background
- Previous online repository work with Confluence
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).