The way we watch TV is changing!
Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that’s highly self-motivated, technically capable and confident in communicating with a broad range of roles within the media industry. You will work as part of the growing Client Services team and help to ensure we deliver the highest possible level of client satisfaction. You will be client-facing and focus on delivering multiple projects on time, on quality and on spec. For each assigned project, you will be the linchpin between clients and the internal project teams, ensuring that everyone is aware of the requirements and the deadlines whilst providing the clients with visibility on progress.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience and competency in four key areas:
- Driving tasks. You must have the drive, determination, tenacity and structured approach to drive tasks to completion. You will have support from relevant disciplines across the business, but ultimate responsibility for delivery lies with you.
- Relationship management. Establishing and continually strengthening close and trusted working relationships will be key to your success in the role. This applies principally to clients, but also internally and with relevant third parties.
- Technical aptitude. Just about everything we do as a business has a technical element and, while we have plenty of excellent experts to cover the detail, you must posses – or have the desire and capability to acquire – a good high-level understanding of these technical aspects.
- Effective communication. It should go without saying, but you must be confident, highly articulate and thorough in both written and verbal communication (in English) with all stakeholders.
While the role will be notionally office-based – with the flexibility to work from home around 3 days a week – there may be occasional need for travel, both within the UK and possibly internationally.
- Work with the Sales Team and Head of Architecture to fully understand the requirements of new projects, including agreed key milestones and deliverables.
- Facilitate project kick-off sessions, both internal and external, to ensure a common understanding of all aspects of the project and parties involved.
- Based on the tasks already included in the programme and resource plan, ensure an iterative breakdown of high-level deliverables into individual work items, each with the level of detail required to allow a developer to fully understand what needs to be done.
- Work with the Head of Architecture and Head of Software Development to determine realistic effort estimates and allocate appropriate resource to work items to ensure they can be completed within the given timescales.
- Establish and continuously enhance an excellent rapport and effective working relationship with the client and any third parties involved to ensure Simplestream is always perceived as a professional and trusted organisation.
- Rigorously maintain detailed records of relevant customer activities within our internal systems to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business.
- Effectively manage clients’ expectations through regular communications via email, calls and face-to-face meetings as appropriate.
- Take the lead on retaining control of projects by being adaptable and proactive to any challenges that may arise during the project.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a comparable role within a software development organisation.
- Deep familiarity with Atlassian Jira. Ideally, including Jira Service Management (previously Service Desk) and resource planning tools such as Portfolio.
- Strong knowledge of Agile theory and associated methodologies.
- The ability to sufficiently comprehend technical issues raised by customers and respond with authority.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and relish being challenged to deliver your best results every day.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-organised and thorough with a methodical approach to tasks and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Personable with a proven record of establishing and continually developing effective relationships with clients, business partners and colleagues.
- Proficient with general business software tools, such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Confident and effective communication in English, both verbal and written.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a SaaS business.
- An understanding and knowledge of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as video encoding, metadata management, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud-based platforms).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)