The way we watch TV is changing!
Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that’s highly self-motivated, technically capable and confident in communicating with senior members of the media industry. You will work as part of the growing Client Services team and help to ensure we deliver the highest possible level of client satisfaction. You will focus on retaining existing clients and maximising revenue generation from emerging opportunities. You will assume full responsibility for your own accounts and become their main liaison point within the business.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience and competency in five key areas:
- Driving tasks. You must have the drive, determination, tenacity and structured approach to drive tasks to completion for your clients. While we have project managers for larger projects – including the launch of new services – you will be expected to take full ownership of smaller projects, supported by the wider team.
- Relationship management. Establishing and continually strengthening close and trusted working relationships will be key to your success in the role. This applies principally to clients, but also internally and with relevant third parties. Regular face-to-face contact forms a significant part of this.
- Commercial acumen. You will play a key role in contributing to the revenue generation and profitability of the business. While not an explicit sales role (we have a separate Commercial Team that focus on securing new clients/projects) you will be expected to identify new opportunities within your clients – for new or enhanced services – and be able to close the deal. This will involve commercial modelling, working with relevant teams internally, drafting proposals, negotiating with the client and reviewing legal agreements; all supported by others in the business.
- Technical aptitude. Just about everything we do as a business has a technical element and, while we have plenty of excellent experts to cover the detail, you must posses – or have the desire and capability to acquire – a good high-level understanding of these technical aspects.
- Effective communication. It should go without saying, but you must be confident, highly articulate and thorough in both written and verbal communication (in English) with all stakeholders.
While the role will be notionally office-based – with the flexibility to work from home around 3 days a week – there may be occasional need for travel, both within the UK and possibly internationally.
- Continuously nurture a close and trusted working relationship with allocated customers through regular contact (via email, phone and face-to-face meetings).
- Seek to gain a deep appreciation of your customers’ own businesses, allowing you to identify additional commercial opportunities and take the lead on converting those opportunities into new revenue streams.
- Develop a sound knowledge of Simplestream’s products and services to help ensure we deliver solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Rigorously maintain detailed records of relevant customer activities within our internal systems to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business.
- Pipeline management and forecasting for incremental revenue from clients, plus contract renewals.
- Where required, work with members of the product, finance and delivery teams in negotiating contractual agreements, ensuring key aspects such as delivery plan and acceptance criteria are appropriate, agreed up front, and fully reflect the customer’s solution to be delivered.
- Work closely with all involved parties — both internal and external — and act as the voice of the customer, with commercial responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time, on quality and on spec.
- As appropriate, participate in regular reviews between customers, the internal operations team and any third parties.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of account management, or a directly comparable role.
- A customer-centric attitude with a strong desire to exceed a client’s expectations.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as video encoding, metadata management, OTT delivery, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud-based platforms).
- The ability to sufficiently comprehend technical issues raised by customers and respond with authority.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and relish being challenged to deliver your best results every day.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Well-organised with a methodical approach to tasks and effective time management.
- Personable with a proven record of establishing and continually developing effective relationships with clients, business partners and colleagues.
- Proficient with general business software tools, such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a SaaS business.
- Experience of using software development management and project collaborations tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)