The way we watch TV is changing!
Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
Simplestream is hiring a Frontend Vue.js Developer to expand our core development team. This is an existing opportunity to make a big impact by upgrading our existing Whitelabel video platform from Zend to Vue.js and help shape new features and services for a variety of products and customers.
You will work on a variety of features and write clean, test driven, easily maintainable, modular code. This is a crucial role in influencing our future success as we scale. The ideal candidate will be a developer who has a knack for problem solving, critical thinking and have a proven track record of delivering technically complex projects in an agile environment.
You will be building and developing next-generation rich client media streaming and ad serving applications for a variety of products and customers.
The type of projects you will be involved in will likely include:
- Upgrading and improving our existing video platform with new features and improved optimisations.
- Building new functionality in our White Label client solutions.
- Development new features on the company’s media and content management platform.
- Build solutions that leverage object-oriented and programming best practices.
- Be part of a team where sharing knowledge, continuous learning and the pursuit of excellence are vital.
- Contribute to all aspects of our video platform life cycle from concept to deployment to updates.
- Front-end website development to consume internal and external API services.
- Test, troubleshoot, debug and optimize application components for maximum speed, security and scalability.
- Proactively follow application security and data protection best practices.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks and fix system errors.
- Provide guidance to others on coding approaches and principles.
- Proactively run tests before handing over work to testers/commercial members.
- Collaborate with the delivery teams within the business to improve system understanding and develop new features that will support business requirements.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- You must have a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have minimum 3 years’ experience as TypeScript developer.
- You have minimum 3 years’ experience as Vue.js developer.
- You have minimum 3 years’ experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with integration of external Services/RESTful APIs.
- Experience with creating NPM packages.
- Experience in an Agile environment and using agile tools e.g., Jira and Confluence.
- Solid understanding of major principles of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Solid understanding of dependency injection.
- Solid understanding of major architectural design patterns.
- Comfortable with Git version and control management.
- TypeScript, Vue.js (version 2), Vue.js first party libraries: Vue Router, Vuex, Vue CLI
- Axios Promise based HTTP client.
- Yarn, Tailwind CSS, Jest, Cypress, InversifyJS (IoC) container, Storybook, GitHub.
- A self-starter who is sufficiently motivated to work on their own initiative without needing direction.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and comfortable working alone on tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate that you are solutions orientated, proactive and take pride in what you do.
- Quick to learn and able to think on your feet and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
- Commercially minded and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a busy workload, prioritise and be flexible.
- A curious person who is engaged with the vision and feels comfortable in learning about new opportunities and is always eager to improve how we work as a team.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity/experience with AWS Service – S3, Cloudfront.
- Familiarity/experience with Continuous Integration tools e.g. GitHub Actions, Travis CI.
- Familiarity/experience with integration of Payment Gateways e.g. Stripe, Recurly.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)