The way we watch TV is changing! Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide.We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
We are looking for a mid-level Apple developer to join our mobile applications development team. You will be working closely with our design and backend teams to develop new components and features alongside assisting in the maintenance of existing apps.
This is a great opportunity to expand your skillset while working in a small, goal-orientated team on an exciting range of projects. You should have experience working with Swift and Objective C. You must have built and published a demonstrable and functional applications for iOS which should be available to view in the App Store.
Experience of working in an Agile environment would be an advantage. You will be expected to take part in daily stand-ups and planning poker as part of the development process. You will have strong experience using tools such as Jira to log estimates and time expended on tasks.
Build solutions that leverage object-oriented and programming best practices.
- Be part of a team where sharing knowledge, continuous learning and the pursuit of excellence are vital.
- Contribute to all aspects of our video platform life cycle from concept to deployment to updates.
- Refactoring code to reduce complexity and increase maintainability.
- iOS & tvOS development to consume internal and external API services.
- Test, troubleshoot, debug and optimize application components for maximum speed, security and scalability.
- Proactively follow application security and data protection best practices.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks and fix system errors.
- Code reviews of other developers.
- Proactively run tests before handing over work to testers/commercial members.
- Collaborate with the delivery teams within the business to improve system understanding and develop new features that will support business requirements.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum 3 years’ experience as an iOS/tvOS developer.
- A minimum 1 years’ experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with App Store releases.
- Experience with architectures commonly used in mobile apps (MVP/MVVM).
- Solid understanding of Swift / Object C (our code base is 90% Swift).
- Solid understanding of major principles of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Solid understanding of Model View Controller methodologies.
- Solid understanding of SnapKit, SwiftyJSON and Alamofire.
- Comfortable with Git version and control management.
- Experience with integration of external Services/RESTful APIs.
- Experience in an Agile environment / SCRUM and using Agile tools e.g., Jira and Confluence.
- A self-starter who is sufficiently motivated to work on their own initiative without needing direction.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and comfortable working alone on tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate that you are solutions orientated, proactive and take pride in what you do.
- Quick to learn and able to think on your feet and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
- Commercially minded and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a busy workload, prioritise and be flexible.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in video streaming.
- Familiarity/experience with CI/CD tools e.g. GitHub Actions.
- Other object-orientated languages – e.g. Ruby.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)