The way we watch TV is changing!
Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
Simplestream is looking for a passionate and talented QA Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches to our development team. You should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. You are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality. Ultimately, you will ensure our developers are producing high quality applications for the smartphone, tablet and Smart TVs.
You are an experienced QA Tester with good automation knowledge and experience using tools such as Appium, XCUITest (iOS) and Espresso (Android). We are looking for someone that have experience and knowledge of QA practices to work independently, without needing a set of already formulated acceptance criteria (AC) or test cases to further explore the application and find possible coverage gaps.
Your main responsibility is to maintain the high quality of the product, you will be responsible for assisting the QA Lead in testing the product before release to market and subsequent updates so that the application is close to a defect free state as possible.
Your day-to-day role will be creating automated tests to be included in our Pull Request (PR) process and/or executing automated/manual software test activities. You will be expected to own all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery, tackle and remove roadblocks and see-through resolution of requirements, issues and defects.
- Work with a team of developers and testers to produce quality software to customers
- Work effectively in completing assigned QA tasks; test plan completion, store documentation, provide feedback on features, investigative tasks!
- Apply development and technical skills to all aspects of QA.
- Develop test plan specifications and test case.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver and collaborate and communicate with team members and community.
- Use bug tracking to report bugs.
- Find & manage resolution of bugs/defects, proactively identify risks to management, design, implement/execute, debug, regression test, validate and verify when fixes implemented.
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient, complete and informative manner.
- Strategize, plan, document and execute the regression testing of the product with help from the product management, QA lead and development team.
- Manage regular testing sessions.
- Having the diplomacy to say "no" when a bug is considered as not fixed.
- Continually refine and improve the testing process.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years of QA testing (automation) experience
- Experience using tools such as Appium, XCUITest (iOS) and Espresso (Android).
- Proven ability to work independently with limited direction and should be a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Analytical skills to deduce the cause of issues in testing environment as well as production environments.
- Maintain test cases and data sets to ensure efficient test execution and test coverage.
- Strong experience of hands-on manual and automated testing involving functional, non-functional, regression, integration, load/stress, performance and user acceptance testing working within a mid/large organisation, ideally in a marketing or similar agency environment.
- Strong experience of planning test scenarios, writing and executing test plans and test cases, and creating required test data.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think ahead, with good eye for detail and routing out / searching those dark corners.
- Familiar with testing mobile and media user interfaces and APIs.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)