The way we watch TV is changing! Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework. Our clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, Channel 4 and QVC to name a few. They rely on us to stream over 200 live TV channels and millions of on-demand programmes worldwide. We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
THE ROLE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the CCO, the Commercial Account Manager’s primary focus is to communicate across our existing customer base, our full product portfolio. In addition you will also update them on new products and features that we have developed internally or in conjunction with key third parties. Dealing with customers at a senior level, the Commercial Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Where required, liaising with the Product and Account Management Teams, gathering information on new product features and functionalities on a regular basis.
- Working with the Product team to update marketing materials on the new features that can be sent across to customers for review.
- Writing customer focussed presentations to encourage upsell opportunities.
- Rigorously maintain detailed records of relevant partner activities within SalesForce to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business.
- Continuously nurture a close and trusted working relationship with Customers through regular contact (via email, phone and face-to-face meetings with decision makers, not the day-to-day service managers).
- Seek to gain a deep appreciation of the Customer’s own businesses, allowing you to identify additional commercial opportunities and take the lead on progressing those opportunities into new business.
- Selling Additional Products to existing Customers (i.e. a Customer who only has App Platform, should be periodically pitched Hybrid TV, Media Flow etc.)
- Renewals – taking the lead on renewals that will include:
- Collating all client information from the relevant Account Manager and Finance department
- Analysing and writing a detailed report to send across to the customer in advance of meetings
- Scheduling meetings with the Customer key decision maker
- Involving a C-Level exec or the original salesperson as required to enable the highest chance of success for a renewal.
This role is all about growing our revenues by upselling new products and capabilities, day to day service management and change requests sits within a separate team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly self-motivated, tenacious and confident in front of customers. For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to build their own team as our business grows internationally. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience and competency in the following
- Relationship management. Establishing and continually strengthening close and trusted working relationships at different levels of seniority will be key to your success in the role. Regular face-to-face contact and video calls form a significant part of this.
- Task driven. You must have the drive, determination, tenacity and structured approach to drive business opportunities for Simplestream and deliver value to our customer base
- Commercial acumen. You will play a key role in contributing to the on-going revenue generation and profitability of the business. You will be expected to identify new opportunities across the customer bases –This will involve scoping out each opportunity and report back to the Commercial team for further support and other areas of the business as needed.
- Technical aptitude. Just about everything we do as a business has a technical element and, while we have plenty of excellent experts to cover the detail, you must possess – or have the desire and capability to acquire – a good high-level understanding of these technical aspects.
- Effective communication. It should go without saying, but you must be confident, highly articulate and thorough in both written and verbal communication (in English) with all stakeholders.
While the role will be notionally office-based – with the flexibility to work from home around 3 days a week – there will be the need for travel, both within the UK and possibly internationally.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a directly comparable role e.g account management
- A customer-centric attitude with a strong desire to exceed a client’s expectations.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as video encoding, metadata management, OTT delivery, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud-based platforms).
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and relish being challenged to deliver your best results every day.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Well-organised with a methodical approach to tasks and effective time management.
Involving a C-Level exec or the original salesperson as required to enable the highest chance of success for a renewal.
- Personable with a proven record of establishing and continually developing effective relationships with clients, business partners and colleagues.
- Proficient with general business software tools, such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a SaaS business.
- Experience of using software development management and project collaborations tools (e.g. Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working options (e.g. staggered start/finish times, at least 3 days a week working from home)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Direct pension contributions
- Free lunch once a week (when in the office)
- Friday treats (when in the office)
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) in the office
- When feasible, regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.)