Click to opt in or out of any applications which may gather information.
We are committed to respecting everyone’s privacy and design our services with this goal in mind in accordance with European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and applicable data protection laws.
In order to satisfy our visitors expectations and to ensure the respect of data subjects’ rights, we regularly improve internal processes.
What information does Simplestream collect?
We may collect information from or about you, such as:
- Personal information that you voluntarily provide, including name, address, and email address.
- Communication preferences.
- Unique IDs such as IP address and device IDs.
- Site-viewing activity, such as pages visited, duration of sessions and search terms.
- Referring domain, destination domain and destination path.
- Geolocation data.
- We may combine information you provide to us, either via our Site or via another means (such as at a trade show) with publicly-available information, such as your organization’s name.
- We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on the Site and third-party websites, which may include serving or tracking advertisements on or relating to the Site. Our third-party service providers may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Site and third-party sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. The privacy policies of those third parties will govern your interactions with such third-party websites or ad networks. If you do not want this information used by third parties for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, review this here.
- We may collect certain information about you by automated means, such as your MAC address, IP address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version, and browser type and version. This information is used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- You may voluntarily provide data about yourself in connection with a job application via email.
- We may also use web beacons on our Site and in email communications. Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we, or our third-party service providers, place on our Site and in emails. Alongside cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the Site or opened or acted upon an email. This information allows us to measure the performance of our Site and our email campaigns.
- We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on the Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you are using by your ISP and, in many cases, IP addresses are shared by multiple people or computers and may be dynamically generated (meaning they change over time). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you use the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect from you. We do this to improve the functionality of the Site.
- We use third-party analytics provided by Google Analytics. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information about you and information on how to opt out from Google’s collection of information from you, please click here.
- We use third-party analytics provided by LinkedIn. For information on how LinkedIn collects and processes information about you and information on how to opt out from LinkedIn’s collection of information from you, please click here.
- The security of the information collected from all Site users is of the highest importance to Simplestream. We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. No data transmission over the Internet or data storage system, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you submit personal information via a lead form on the Site (such as name, phone number, and email address), we encrypt the transmission of that information.
How we use your data
- We may use your information to respond to any requests for more information regarding our products and services.
- Regularly, we launch new services. We’ll let users know about those releases if they have asked us to keep them up to date.
- Such as for data analysis (including through automated systems), benchmarking, reporting, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving Simplestream Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Your Rights, Controls and Choices
- You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- To access your personal data, and some related information as described in the section below “know if we have information concerning you and what that information is”;
- To require any inaccurate personal data to be rectified, completed including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- To require us to delete the personal data in certain circumstances;
- To require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further);
- To obtain from us your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. Further, you may have the right to require us to transmit your personal data directly to another person where it is technically feasible to do so; and
- To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances;
- Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent to such processing, to withdraw your consent at any time.
Know if we have information concerning you and what that information is
In particular, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- If you’re in our database
- Exactly what data we hold
- The purposes of the processing
- How long the data will be kept
- Where exactly on the web that information has been found
- All other information as mentioned in article 15 of the GDPR
You may then request any information to be amended or deleted, reach out at email@example.com.
Date of last revision: Jan 07, 2019.