IBC 2018 will see Simplestream, the leaders in live-2-VOD and on-demand OTT services, cement its position as the market leading provider of over-the-top (OTT) end-to-end services for telcos, broadcasters, DTT, DTH operators and content owners.
This will be demonstrated through its extensive, cloud-based, live and on-demand solutions with simplified workflows that support multiple business models. Enabling media organisations to quickly and flexibly launch next-generation services that exceed consumer expectations to all devices including Android, iOS, web apps as well as Android TV and AppleTV.
“TV has changed forever – broadcasters are working out how they can co-exist with the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime video at the same time as the traditional pay tv market continues to decline. We believe that this opens up exciting opportunities for telcos with larger addressable audiences to work out new ways to work with free-to-air and PayTV broadcasters to provide exciting new consumer offerings. Unlike traditional DTT and DTH technologies, OTT and the cloud provides the return path data that broadcasters and content owners need to succeed moving forward,” says Dan Finch, Chief Commercial Officer, Simplestream. “OTT and the cloud isn’t just for the broadcast ecosystem – for instance, with the cloud, sports federations can now reach out directly to their loyal fan base, regardless of their size, via their own direct to consumer proposition. Even better news is that this doesn’t have to cost the earth. Our extensive array of Media Manager software modules enables any content owner, rights holder and distributor to reach, understand and interact with their audience base.”
New features of particular relevance for media companies that are being showcased at IBC include:
- AppleTV for Telcos – Simplestream be showing how AppleTV is becoming the preferred STB for mobile operators
- Support for Android TV operators through the advanced next gen capabilities of Media Manager modules
- Automating replay and restart for multiscreen and OTT catch-up, enabling consumers to start a programme from the start before it’s finished
- Advanced consumer usage analytics to help shape content and customer acquisition strategies
- Download to device for on the go viewing