22nd March 2017, LONDON – Simplestream, a leading provider of video services for the media and entertainment industry, today announced that it will demonstrate its complete end-to-end suite of modular cloud solutions – including its new Hybrid TV solution – for the first time as an independent exhibitor at TV Connect 2017 (stand #B40, London, 28-30th March).
Hybrid TV is a new module of the company’s cloud-based Media Manager platform that provides OTT-delivered linear channels, catch-up TV and other video-on-demand (VOD) content underpinned by rich metadata, enabling broadcasters to extend viewer reach and increase revenues. The solution supports a broad range of hybrid TV services – including YouView, Freeview Play, Freesat and EE TV – and was most recently used to deploy Sony Kids, the new catch-up service by Sony Pictures Television on YouView.
Key features include:
- Dedicated applications that provide a fully branded experience for broadcasters.
- Real-time asset and metadata submission with enhanced programme information, enabling rich content discovery, via backwards-scrolling EPG, text-based search, and platform recommendation engines.
- Live-2-VOD automated generation of catch-up VOD assets from linear channels within minutes of broadcast.
- Ingest of playout schedule data to accurately capture the desired components from off-air broadcasts.
- A rules-based system to control programme availability ensuring full conformance to content rights.
- Dynamic playlists of content that are updated automatically and presented in the applications.
“TV Connect is a great opportunity to demonstrate the latest advancements in connected entertainment,” said Sam Orton-Jay, Sales and Marketing Director of Simplestream. “We’re looking forward to having a more substantial presence at the show this year, and to sharing how we’re progressing and optimising cloud video delivery for leading broadcasters like Sony, A+E Networks, Discovery Networks, News Corp, Scripps Network, Turner Broadcasting and QVC.”
Additional on-stand demonstrations will include Simplestream’s Cloud TV Platform – an end-to-end, white label solution that enables pay TV operators, telcos and broadcasters to rapidly deploy next-generation TV Everywhere services across multiple screens and territories – and MediaFlow – highly automated workflows for delivering both live and VOD content to multiple affiliate operator partners with features like time-shifting and virtual playout of linear channels to effectively monetise content in different territories.
Note to Editors: If you would like to arrange a briefing with Simplestream before or at TV Connect, please get in touch with Lauren Alboini at email@example.com or +44 (0) 207 486 4900.
Simplestream is a London headquartered company, providing market-leading OTT video services – such as live streaming and live-to-VOD solutions – to media and entertainment companies, telecommunications and content providers. Founded in 2010, Simplestream works across the sports, music, news, entertainment and teleshopping sectors. Its solutions have been adopted by leading providers including A+E Networks, Sony, At The Races, Racing UK, Box Plus Network, Discovery Networks, News Corp, Scripps Networks, Turner Broadcasting and QVC.