Who we are
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that’s highly self-motivated, technically capable and confident in communicating with senior members of the media industry. You will work as part of the growing Account Management team and help to ensure we deliver the highest possible level of client satisfaction. You will focus on retaining existing clients and maximising revenue generation from emerging opportunities. You will assume full responsibility for your own accounts and become their main liaison point within the business.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate proven experience and competency in five key areas:
- Driving tasks. While it’s not necessary to undertake formal project management (we have Technical Project Managers for that), you must have the drive, determination, tenacity and structured approach to drive tasks to completion for your clients.
- Relationship management. Establishing and continually strengthening close and trusted working relationships will be key to your success in the role. This applies principally to clients, but also internally and with relevant third parties. Regular face-to-face contact forms a significant part of this.
- Commercial acumen. You will play a key role in contributing to the revenue generation and profitability of the business. While not an explicit sales role (we have a Commercial Team that focus on securing new clients/projects) you will be expected to identify new opportunities within your clients – for new or enhanced services – and be able to close the deal. This will involve commercial modelling, working with relevant teams internally, drafting proposals, negotiating with the client and reviewing legal agreements.
- Technical aptitude. Just about everything we do as a business has a technical element and, while we have plenty of excellent experts to cover the detail, you have to posses – or have the desire and capability to acquire – a good high-level understanding of these technical aspects.
- Effective communication. It should go without saying, but you must be confident, highly articulate and thorough in both written and verbal communication (in English) with all stakeholders.
While the role will be predominantly office-based, there may be occasional need for travel, both within the UK and possibly internationally.
- Continuously nurture a close and trusted working relationship with allocated customers through regular contact (via email, phone and face-to-face meetings).
- Seek to gain a deep appreciation of your customers’ own businesses, allowing you to identify additional commercial opportunities and take the lead on converting those opportunities into new revenue streams.
- Develop a sound knowledge of Simplestream’s products and services to help ensure we deliver solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Rigorously maintain detailed records of relevant customer activities within our internal systems (e.g. CRM) to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business, plus to feed into pipeline management and revenue forecasts.
- Work with members of the product, finance and delivery teams in negotiating effective contracts, ensuring key aspects such as delivery plan and acceptance criteria are appropriate, agreed up front, and fully reflect the customer’s solution to be delivered.
- Work closely with all involved — both internal and external — and act as the voice of the customer, with commercial responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time, on quality and on budget.
- Where appropriate, participate in regular reviews between customers, the internal operations team and any third parties.
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience of account management, or a directly comparable role.
- A customer-centric attitude with a strong desire to exceed a client’s expectations whenever feasible.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
- Well-organised with a methodical approach to tasks and effective time management.
- Personable with a proven record of establishing and continually developing effective relationships with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as encoding, metadata management, OTT delivery, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud-based platforms).
- The ability to sufficiently comprehend technical issues raised by customers and respond with authority.
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).