Who we are
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Discovery and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically capable new member of our growing sales team. This new role will work as part of the commercial team and will help to foster and deliver new business. You will help to find and nurture new leads, demonstrate and communicate our solutions with potential customers, and work to shape propositions that maximise their opportunities.
Whilst relationship building is important, we are also looking for an individual who is confident handling some technical detail and who relishes the challenge of consultative solutions selling and or has previous experience selling software as a service SaaS based products and managed services.
Acting as the primary contact between Development and other stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for ensuring your team operates effectively and delivers to the agreed timescales and budget while maintaining an appropriate level of quality. Based on your own experience of software development, you will provide technical leadership when required, including providing high-level guidance on software architecture. You’ll also ensure that your team adhere to internal processes and industry best practice.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Simplestream’s solutions and technology to help deliver solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Conduct initial outreach to engage and set-up meetings with new inbound leads or identified targets.
- Assist in the creation of target customer lists based on provided criteria.
- Take ownership of all commercial aspects related to the sale of Simplestream’s solutions including documentation such as proposal documents, presentations and responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of all aspects of the company’s products and services.
- Maintain detailed records of customer development activities within our CRM to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business.
- Negotiate effective contracts that fully reflect the customer’s solution and maximise value for all parties (with assistance from the team).
- The position will involve occasional international travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital video broadcast and streaming technologies such as encoding, metadata management, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud platforms preferred.
- Experience in writing proposals and responding to RFI’s/RFP’s preferable.
- Experience of presenting to senior managers at potential or existing customers.
- Understanding and knowledge of the changing landscape of TV and Video Streaming, including broadcast media and telecom value chains preferred.
- High energy and self-motivated with ability to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
What we value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What we offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.