Who we are
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Discovery and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
How would you contribute
With a strong understanding of our mission and what we offer, you will assume a hands-on role and take full ownership of the day-to-day operational issues arising from our growing customer base. You will be responsible for managing and prioritising our Client Services team, which includes Service Desk staff, engineers and developers. Your objective will be to ensure we meet and exceed our customer’s expectations our own KPIs.
You will also:
- Manage the prioritisation of addressing service-affecting issues for our customers
- Ensure there are effective quality controls, including automated service monitoring in accordance with service KPI’s and SLA’s
- Be responsible for ongoing introduction of efficiencies that result in minimising infrastructure operating costs.
- Ensure technology costs are kept to a minimum and introduce operational efficiencies where required.
- Own the relationship with key technology partners to ensure we realise the best possible value.
What we value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
- A self-starter who is sufficiently motivated to work using their own initiative without needing direction.
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the day to day operations, and have the ability to identify areas of improvement.
- A natural problem solver with the ability to influence the team when under pressure.
- Proven experience of managing and developing effective teams as their line manager.
- Experience with video streaming and cloud-based infrastructure preferred.
What we offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org