At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
The candidate will have knowledge in User Experience, Usability and User Interface design, and will participate in all aspects of the design process, from creation of innovative layouts and features to producing and fine-tuning assets.
You will work closely with iOS and Android developers and our Head of Creative.
Desired technical skills
- Expert knowledge of Sketch
- App design experience
- Understanding of the technical implications of designs
- Experience in usability and awareness of user journey
- Comfortable with an iterative design process, and an agile environment
Would be a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe CS
- Up to date knowledge of iOS and Android design standards
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Experience in prototyping software e.g. Principle
- Experience designing for TV applications
- Passionate product-focused attitude
- Appreciation of good design
- Enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology and design trends
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive mind-set
This is a full-time position, with the opportunity to add apps from high-profile broadcasting clients to your portfolio.
Simplestream pays competitively based on current market rates and your experience.
Access to online portfolios is preferred with a CV.
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.