At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
Junior QA responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
You will be responsible for assisting the QA Lead in testing the product before release to market and subsequent updates so that the application is close to a defect free state as possible. Your main responsibility is to maintain the high quality of the product.
How would you contribute?
Reporting directly to the QA Lead, you will play an important part in our company’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible in testing the product before release to market and subsequent updates so that the application is close to a defect free state as possible, ensuring the mobile application meets client requirements while being cost-effective.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of the software development life cycle to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Your main responsibility is to maintain the high quality of the product.
- Work effectively in completing assigned QA tasks; test plan completion, store documentation, provide feedback on features, investigative tasks!
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient, complete and informative manner.
- Respond to support tickets internally in reproducing them and updating them with information for the dev team to fix.
- Responsible for assuring quality in the weekly releases and final product and for finding all the flaws in a project before it goes live.
- Be able to prioritize important issues for fixing
- Provide screenshots, video footage, logs, or other material as required
- Use bug tracking to report bugs
- Having the diplomacy to say “no” when a bug is considered as not fixed
This is a crucial role in influencing our future success as we scale. You would have a proven track record of delivering technically complex projects in an agile environment. Your experience to date will also include:
- Ability to demonstrate that you are solutions orientated, proactive and take pride in what you do.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. Aptitude for effective prioritisation of workload.
- Inherent desire to do things well but balanced with pragmatism when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Work experience (mandatory)
- ISEB / ISTQB or equivalent (desirable)
- Manual testing experience (desirable)
- Experience in working in an Agile environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes (desirable)
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject (desirable)
- Awareness of behavior-driven development (desirable)
- Knowledge of build processes (desirable)
- Jira, Confluence (desirable)
- Amazon Technologies familiarity (desirable)
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.