At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We are looking for an iOS developer to join our mobile applications development team. You will be working closely with our design and backend teams to develop new components and features alongside assisting in the maintenance of existing apps. This is a great opportunity to expand your skillset while working in a small, goal-orientated team on an exciting range of projects. You should have experience working with Swift and Objective C. You must have built and published a demonstrable and functional applications for iOS which should be available to view in the App Store. We use a Kanban style of development so having worked in an Agile environment would be an advantage. You will be expected to take part in daily stand-ups and planning poker as part of the development process. You will have strong experience using Project Management tools such as Jira to log estimates and time expended on tasks.
- Quickly get up to speed with our existing codebase(s)
- Develop new features and components from detailed specifications
- Help in the maintenance of our existing portfolio of apps
- Get involved in design and development discussions
- Utilise Git for version control management
- Excellent communication skills (you will be able to express technical concepts clearly and be eager to contribute to highly-energised discussions)
- Enthusiasm, you have a desire to learn and work to improve your skills all while helping to put together some really cool projects
- Good written skills
- A great sense of humour (essential)
Your Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Good grasp of programming fundamentals
- Good working knowledge of Swift / Objective C (and other object orientated languages is a bonus)
- Strong familiarity with Xcode
- Strong familiarity with developing iOS applications
- Understanding of object oriented programming and Model View Controller methodologies
- Knowledge of JSON / RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SnapKit, SwiftyJSON and Alamofire
- Source control knowledge experience required
- Photoshop / Illustrator (bonus)
- Knowledge of video streaming technology (HLS) (bonus)
- 3-5 years demonstrable development experience
- Released applications (we will need to see these apps before interview)
- Experience in a media related field (bonus)
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.