We’re seeking an HR Manager to work across both Simplestream and its sister company, TVPlayer, with time spent on-site with both businesses. Combined employees are around 50 and expanding.
This role offers an experienced HR generalist the opportunity to provide a comprehensive HR service to employees, including the management and leadership team, and to promote best practice across the organisation. We are looking for a self-starter, who is highly motivated, CIPD qualified and possesses a strong awareness of operational HR issues, that would fit into a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation with international office expansion plans. Our current size demands that the successful candidate will be able to operate at both strategic and hands on levels. The job would encompass all aspects of employee activities.
Hiring and Onboarding
- Selecting and negotiating terms with appropriate recruitment agencies.
- Working with the hiring manager in each case to create/update the job description, ensuring a consistent approach across all roles.
- In conjunction with the hiring manager, evaluation of applicants and creation of short list for interviews.
- Remuneration benchmarking, taking into account bonus and sales commission schemes where relevant.
- Offer letters, employment contracts and any payments to third-party agencies.
- Manage employee onboarding process, including:
- In conjunction with the Office Manager, logistics of desk, computer, phone, email address, accounts for relevant systems, etc.;
- Structured induction, including facilitating sessions with relevant existing staff members to ensure new employees are fully familiar with the company, their team and the other teams within the business;
- PAYE and pension compliance in conjunction with CFO.
- Work with line managers in ensuring performance during the initial probationary period is regularly assessed with appropriate corrective action identified and executed, including extending the probationary period when necessary.
- Ensure company and employees abide by all relevant employment, discrimination and data security laws, including GDPR. Review existing employment contracts to ensure compliance.
- Establish, regularly review and enforce a structured personal and professional development process that ensures all employees are fully effective in their roles, including ensuring job descriptions and individuals’ objectives are reviewed as appropriate.
- Set up and maintain a central electronic system for recording all aspects of engagement with employees, including all performance related exchanges (written and verbal).
- Coordinate any bonus payment assessment derived from the assessment process.
- Support line managers in dealing with any aspects of underperformance of their direct reports.
- Act as an impartial sounding board for employees to alert management to any internal issues.
- Manage expense claim policy with the CFO and Finance Manager.
- Manage the payroll process with CFO and COO. This could involve identifying and managing the relationship with an appropriate payroll bureau.
- Implement and manage process to enable timely year end submissions such as P60s, P11Ds, P11D(b) and PSA.
- Manage the exit of employees leaving, including exit interview, revoking access to all business systems, timely return of company-supplied equipment, etc.
- Management and recommendations for incentives, including bonus schemes and share incentive awards where relevant.
- Managing the administration of existing staff benefits and advise on the implementation of further benefits that will help to attract and retain people. i.e. Enhance Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, Buying/Selling of holiday, Child Care Vouchers and private medical plans.
- Working closely with our pension provider (NEST) to oversee and manage all pension auto enrolment.
- Manage all communication around benefit.
- Oversee the same processes for international office expansion, starting with North America in 1H 2018, on the back of client business opportunities.
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).