Who we are
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
- Ultimate responsibility for delivery of projects on time, on budget, on quality and on scope.
- Ongoing enhancement of our delivery process to ensure it fully meets the needs of the business.
- Consider the priorities of internal stakeholders to ensure an appropriately balanced allocation of resources.
- Policing and enforcing full compliance to the agreed delivery process.
- Setup and maintenance of software tools that support the delivery process, including Jira.
- Ensuring requirements from contracts, statements of work and project plans, are fully understood and translated into internal actions.
- Work with the Head of Software to ensure the development teams have the information they need.
- Maintain a programme and resource plan that supports the management decision-making process in terms of accurately calculating expected delivery dates plus any periods of being under-resourced or where we have capacity for additional work.
- Regular, proactive checks with relevant parties on progress against the programme and resource plan, identifying and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Undertaking impact analysis of proposed changes to the programme and resource plan, including the impact on delivery dates resulting from changes in priority.
- Line management of all Technical Project Managers ensuring they have clear objectives and regularly monitoring progress against those objectives as well as overall performance.
This is primarily an internal role but will require some interaction with customers.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years in a comparable role within a commercial software development organisation.
- Administration and in-depth use of Atlassian Jira.
- Agile theory and associated methodologies.
- Highly-focussed, self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Ability to motivate others and drive what needs to be done.
- The confidence and authority to make difficult prioritisation decisions.
- A customer-centric attitude with a desire to exceed a client’s expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to sufficiently comprehend technical issues raised by customers and respond with authority.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Administration of Jira components such as Service Desk and Portfolio.
- A history of working on video and or media related projects.
- Technical experience relating to software.
- Experience in B2B2C and SaaS.
- Understanding of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as encoding, metadata management, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud platforms).
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).