Who we are
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Discovery and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
How would you contribute
Acting as the primary contact between Development and other stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for ensuring your team operates effectively and delivers to the agreed timescales and budget while maintaining an appropriate level of quality. Based on your own experience of software development, you will provide technical leadership when required, including providing high-level guidance on software architecture. You’ll also ensure that your team adhere to internal processes and industry best practice.
You will also:
- Work closely with other stakeholders on project and resource planning, including ensuring development estimates are suitably accurate and delivery timescales are realistic
- Allocate individual tasks to appropriate team members and ensure our development management tool (Jira) is updated accordingly to ensure it holds an accurate reflection of current status.
- Work closely with your team to identify anything that blocks progress and ensure such blockers are cleared in a timely manner.
- Lead personal development and, if required, performance management of your team.
What we value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
This is a senior role, and we expect you to have proven experience leading high performing engineering teams at scale.
- A natural leader with the desire and ability to build, mentor and motivate strong and effective development teams.
- An experienced and confident practitioner of Agile development methodologies, ideally Kanban.
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the people management function of your team, and have the ability to identify areas of improvement.
What we offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com