At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer to join our mobile applications development team. You will be working closely with other mobile developers building some of the best new apps in the video and content space. You should have experience working in Eclipse (or equivalent IDE) and have built functional applications for Android across both Google and Amazon.
- Quickly get up to speed with our existing codebase(s)
- As part of the team build some exciting new apps, developing new features and components from detailed specifications
- Help in the maintenance of our existing portfolio of apps
- Get involved in the Architecture, design and development of the mobile team
- Your Core Skills
- Excellent communication skills (you will be able to express technical concepts clearly and be eager to contribute to highly-energised discussions)
- Enthusiasm, you have a desire to learn and work to improve your skills all while helping to put together some really cool projects
- Good written skills, you will be expected to write full documentation
- A great sense of humour
Your Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong grasp of programming fundamentals (experience in other object orientated languages is a bonus)
- Working knowledge of Java / C
- Good familiarity with the Eclipse IDE & ADT
- Good familiarity with Android applications (Application lifecycle, fragments, adapter views, support libraries)
- Understanding of object oriented programming and Model View Controller methodologies
- Knowledge of XML / JSON / RESTful APIs (experience with GSON useful)
- Git / Source control (bonus)
- Photoshop / Illustrator (bonus)
- Have built across Amazon, Google, Android TV platforms and Stick Devices
- 3 years demonstrable development experience
- Released a number of applications
- Experience in a media related field (bonus)
What We Value
We are a fast-growing, high-performance team with big ambitions to disrupt the video streaming industry. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our aim is to work in an Agile and collaborative way to ensure we continue to deliver a great product and service to our customers. We focus on speed, scale, resourcefulness and optimism. We’re solutions oriented and always focus on the outcome and impact of any project or priority. We’re an experienced bunch; innovative and a little unconventional. We debate things passionately. We sometimes disagree on how the world should work, but we all agree on one thing: to revolutionise the way the world watches TV. Which is why we love it here and take pride in every product we create.
What We Offer
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.