As part our continuing growth, we’re looking for a junior-mid-level Marketing Manager to support Simplestream’s Commercial Team. The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience of B2B marketing, ideally with background in the broadcast or OTT video sectors, but anyone with relevant B2B experience with a software- and/or services-based (e.g. SaaS) business will be considered.
- Raising the profile of the business with the target customer base of broadcasters, content owners and partners as well as the industry as a whole.
- Developing and executing consistent messaging across all channels used by the business.
- Managing all aspects of the company’s presence at trade events – exhibitions, conferences, etc. – ensuring ROI is maximised through effective preparation, execution and follow-up.
- Contributing to the generation of high-quality sales leads through various marketing activities and ensuring these are accurately recorded and followed-up in the company’s CRM system.
- Liaising with the wider Commercial Team to ensure they have the sales tools and other collateral they need.
- Liaison with an external communications agency, ensuring both parties are fully in sync on all marketing activities, including press releases.
- Ongoing management of a WordPress-based corporate website, including an appropriate level of SEO.
- Regular and relevant updates to social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Work with key internal personal in the generation of regular (at least monthly) opinion pieces and other thought leadership material for distribution via appropriate channels.
- Generation and maintenance of a library of customer case studies that highlight the benefits of our solution.
- Work with in-house design resource in the generation of graphic and video assets to be used across all channels.
- Support the Sales Team in the RFI/RFP response process, providing relevant case studies and other promotional material as required.
- Ensure all marketing costs are within budget, plus contribute to setting the marketing budget in advance of the start of each financial year.
- Operate email-based campaigns using the CRM system and report on appropriate key metrics to highlight the success of such campaigns.
- Ensure the business is fully compliant with relevant legislation relating to the storage and transfer of personal data in the CRM and other such systems, including compliance with the forthcoming GDPR.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Three years minimum within a junior-to-mid-level B2B marketing role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Writing copy in English to a very high standard (grammar, spelling, etc.).
- Fully familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of the broadcasting and/or OTT video sectors.
- Experience of working for a SaaS or other software- and service-based business.
- Good working knowledge of WordPress, or comparable website content management systems.
- Experience using graphics tools, such as Photoshop, to undertake basic manipulation of images (e.g. cropping, resizing, etc.).
- An appreciation of the differences between design for print versus design for screen-based media.
- Experience of leveraging relevant social media platforms – such as Twitter and LinkedIn – to promote specific events as well as generally raise the profile of the business.
- Highly structured and professional approach to all aspects of work.
- A good team player, but also proactive, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to deliver agreed objectives, escalating any issues as required.
- A focus on delivering high-quality results with exceptional attention to detail.
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Discovery and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).