Working as part of an enthusiastic small build team you will be building brand-new Hybrid TV apps for several well-known multi-channel broadcasters.
- Development of HTML-based front-end applications for Hybrid TV platforms, such as YouView, Freesat, EE TV, and Freeview Play.
- Support the integration, debugging and tuning of TV applications.
- Operational and technical support of existing and new application services.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience in an expert delivery environment within STB/DVB/DTV arena.
- 5 years’ professional experience developing web based solutions and services.
- Knowledge of Haxe or Action Script 3 (Highly desired).
- Highly proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub).
- Familiarity with Agile processes, Continuous Integration & Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Experience in the TV/Media industry (streaming services, connected TV, IPTV) is a plus but not a necessity.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Be able to provide operational and technical support for existing applications.
- Proactively test work before handing over to testers/commercial members.
- Manage submission and acceptance of the applications to end platforms.
- Code in accordance with platform specific best practice principles when developing applications to meet relevant platform guidelines and requirements.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and ideally located in or around London
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We currently provide the following benefits to employees (with more in the pipeline):
- Company contributions into a workplace pension scheme;
- Salary sacrifice for things such as childcare vouchers, personal pension contributions, etc.;
- Free Perkbox membership, e.g. free mobile phone insurance, discounts at various cinemas, restaurants and retailers (Apple, Amazon, etc.);
- Free snacks and drinks (including beer!);
- Free employee lunch every Wednesday;
- Free cakes every Friday;
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com