Working as part of an enthusiastic small build team you will be building brand-new Hybrid TV apps for several well-known multi-channel broadcasters.
- Development of HTML-based front-end applications for Hybrid TV platforms, such as YouView, Freesat, EE TV, and Freeview Play.
- Support the integration, debugging and tuning of TV applications.
- Operational and technical support of existing and new application services.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience in an expert delivery environment within STB/DVB/DTV arena.
- 5 years’ professional experience developing web based solutions and services.
- Knowledge of Haxe or Action Script 3 (Highly desired).
- Highly proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub).
- Familiarity with Agile processes, Continuous Integration & Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Experience in the TV/Media industry (streaming services, connected TV, IPTV) is a plus but not a necessity.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Be able to provide operational and technical support for existing applications.
- Proactively test work before handing over to testers/commercial members.
- Manage submission and acceptance of the applications to end platforms.
- Code in accordance with platform specific best practice principles when developing applications to meet relevant platform guidelines and requirements.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and ideally located in or around London
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Channel 4, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Sky and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We're a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality, seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).