Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the setup, administration and support of our streaming architecture (comprised of 30+ cloud servers, 30+ encoders, downlinking of over 150 channels, and 20+ physical servers at datacenter). You will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our streaming hardware and software and related network infrastructure. You will be on call 24×7 as well as work on a rota basis with the wider network and engineering team with to support weekday and weekend activities. You will be directly involved in setting up new encoder and streaming services for our clients and the management and maintenance of encoders, firmware upgrades, controlled failovers, maintenance and stream configurations. You will be adapt at troubleshooting and be able to solve simple encoder and streaming problems for internal and external customers.
- Actively maintain our existing streaming infrastructure
- Work as part of the support team through an out-of-hours Rota and support function as well as provide in hours support across our services
- Ensure our error or correction and maximum uptime
- Be one of the points of contact to liaise with our Encoder providers (Garland and Media Excel)
- Document our streaming architecture and set up on Confluence so each client’s set up is clear and recorded
- Provide out of hours support as part of the operations team
- Ability to Troubleshoot and solve complex hosting problems for internal and external customer
- Support the development teams and actively contribute to on-going projects
- Provide full and comprehensive documentation on all company systems and streaming provisions
Your Technical Skills/Knowledge/Experience
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux systems able to perform basic commands and scripting edits
- Some knowledge or experience of AWS services for example the setting up of EC2’s, S3 services, Cloud Front links etc.
- Demonstrable relevant technical experience with digital streaming technologies and protocols
- Experienced/knowledge with Streaming Media Servers (Wowza/FMS/USP)
- Experienced working knowledge of HTTP Live Streaming Experience/knowledge of Tandberg/Media Excel/ Allegro/Teracue encoding/acquisition solutions
- Good understanding of CDN caching and live streaming properties
- Understanding of video encoding process and principles
- knowledge of configuring/deploying DRM (PlayReady/WideVine)
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).