We are looking for a Senior iOS developer to join our mobile applications development team. You will be working closely with the iOS Development Team to develop new components and features alongside assisting in the maintenance of existing apps. This is a great opportunity to expand your skillset while working in a small, goal-orientated team on an exciting range of projects. You should have experience working with Objective C (with Xcode), although experience with Swift is useful. You must have have built and published a demonstrable and functional applications for iOS which should be available to view in the Apple app store.
- Quickly get up to speed with our existing codebase(s)
- Develop new features and components from detailed speci cations
- Help in the maintenance of our existing portfolio of apps
- Get involved in design and development discussions
- Utilise Git for version control management
- Excellent communication skills (you will be able to express technical concepts clearly and be eager to contribute to highly-energised discussions)
- Enthusiasm, you have a desire to learn and work to improve your skills all while helping to put together some really cool projects
- Good written skills
- A great sense of humour
Your Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Good grasp of programming fundamentals
- Good working knowledge of Objective C / C (and other object orientated languages is a bonus)
- Strong familiarity with Xcode
- Strong familiarity with developing iOS applications (experience developing Mac applications an
- interesting addition)
- Understanding of object oriented programming and Model View Controller methodologies
- Knowledge of JSON / RESTful APIs
- Git / Source control knowledge/experience required
- Photoshop / Illustrator (bonus)
- Knowledge of video streaming technology (HLS) (bonus)
- 2 years demonstrable development experience (does not need to be commercial experience, demonstrable enthusiast experience is very welcome)
- Released applications (we will need to see these apps before interview)
- Experience in a media related eld (bonus)
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).