We are looking for an experienced Android developer to join our mobile applications development team. You will be working closely with other mobile developers building some of the best new apps in the video and content space. You should have experience working in Eclipse (or equivalent IDE) and have built functional applications for Android across both Google and Amazon.
- Quickly get up to speed with our existing codebase(s)
- As part of the team build some exciting new apps, developing new features and components from detailed specifications
- Help in the maintenance of our existing portfolio of apps
- Get involved in the Architecture, design and development of the mobile team
- Your Core Skills
- Excellent communication skills (you will be able to express technical concepts clearly and be eager to contribute to highly-energised discussions)
- Enthusiasm, you have a desire to learn and work to improve your skills all while helping to put together some really cool projects
- Good written skills, you will be expected to write full documentation
- A great sense of humour
Your Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong grasp of programming fundamentals (experience in other object orientated languages is a bonus)
- Working knowledge of Java / C
- Good familiarity with the Eclipse IDE & ADT
- Good familiarity with Android applications (Application lifecycle, fragments, adapter views, support libraries)
- Understanding of object oriented programming and Model View Controller methodologies
- Knowledge of XML / JSON / RESTful APIs (experience with GSON useful)
- Git / Source control (bonus)
- Photoshop / Illustrator (bonus)
- Have built across Amazon, Google, Android TV platforms and Stick Devices
- 3 years demonstrable development experience
- Released a number of applications
- Experience in a media related field (bonus)
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).