We are looking for an outstanding PHP/Web Developer. You will be building and developing next generation rich client media streaming and ad serving applications for a variety of products and customers. The role will involve upgrading and improving our client’s existing Zend Framework applications, developing new data services and APIs for their primary platforms under the REST architecture and also producing systems that are highly scalable and robust.
- Development of HTML-based front-end applications for Hybrid TV platforms, such as YouView, Freesat, EE TV, and Freeview Play.
- Support the integration, debugging and tuning of TV applications.
- Operational and technical support of existing and new application services.
- 3 years demonstrable development experience in an object-orientated environment
- A great focus on backend elements of PHP, not just front end
- Zend Framework, JSON and object-orientated PHP
- Good working knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of web services and preferably the REST principles
- Understanding of server side caching and performance optimisation
- Proven experience with manipulating large datasets
- Large scale distributed application architecture and development using PHP 5.2+, SQL/Stored Procedures (e.g. MySQL), Nginx or Apache on *nix/BSD
- Client-Server integration and architecture
- Version control systems (git preferred)
- Experience with streaming, video metadata and ingest would be preferred
- Familiarity of Amazon Web Services would be a major plus
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Be able to provide operational and technical support for existing applications.
- Proactively test work before handing over to testers/commercial members.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and ideally located in or around London.
At Simplestream, we are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We’re an award-winning provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry, including Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC, Discovery and UKTV. Our end-to-end solutions are redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Well-deserved rest with 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Access to a wide range of discounts with Perkbox;
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support;
- Pension contribution;
- Team lunch once a week;
- Friday treats in the office (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).