We are looking for an outstanding PHP/Web Developer. You will be building and developing next generation rich client media streaming and ad serving applications for a variety of products and customers. The role will involve upgrading and improving our client’s existing Zend Framework applications, developing new data services and APIs for their primary platforms under the REST architecture and also producing systems that are highly scalable and robust.
- Development of HTML-based front-end applications for Hybrid TV platforms, such as YouView, Freesat, EE TV, and Freeview Play.
- Support the integration, debugging and tuning of TV applications.
- Operational and technical support of existing and new application services.
- 3 years demonstrable development experience in an object-orientated environment
- A great focus on backend elements of PHP, not just front end
- Zend Framework, JSON and object-orientated PHP
- Good working knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of web services and preferably the REST principles
- Understanding of server side caching and performance optimisation
- Proven experience with manipulating large datasets
- Large scale distributed application architecture and development using PHP 5.2+, SQL/Stored Procedures (e.g. MySQL), Nginx or Apache on *nix/BSD
- Client-Server integration and architecture
- Version control systems (git preferred)
- Experience with streaming, video metadata and ingest would be preferred
- Familiarity of Amazon Web Services would be a major plus
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Be able to provide operational and technical support for existing applications.
- Proactively test work before handing over to testers/commercial members.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and ideally located in or around London.
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We currently provide the following benefits to employees (with more in the pipeline):
- Company contributions into a workplace pension scheme;
- Salary sacrifice for things such as childcare vouchers, personal pension contributions, etc.;
- Free Perkbox membership, e.g. free mobile phone insurance, discounts at various cinemas, restaurants and retailers (Apple, Amazon, etc.);
- Free snacks and drinks (including beer!);
- Free employee lunch every Wednesday;
- Free cakes every Friday;
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com