We are looking for a highly motivated and technically capable member of our growing account management team. This new role will report to the Account Director and work as part of the wider commercial team. The primary purpose is to deepen the relationships with your allocated customers, ensure we’re exceeding their expectations whenever feasible, identify additional commercial opportunities, and convert those opportunities into new business for Simplestream.
The position could involve occasional international travel.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Simplestream’s products and services to help ensure we deliver solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Continuously nurture a close and trusted working relationship with allocated customers through regular contact, including quarterly review sessions.
- Seek to gain a deep appreciation of your customers’ own business, allowing you to identify additional commercial opportunities and take full commercial responsibility for converting those opportunities into new revenue streams.
- Take ownership of the production of proposals, presentations and responses to RFIs and RFPs as required.
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of all aspects of the company’s products and services.
- Rigorously maintain detailed records of relevant customer activities within our CRM to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business, plus to feed into pipeline management and revenue forecasts.
- With support from commercial team members, negotiate effective contracts ensuring key aspects such as delivery plan and acceptance criteria are appropriate, agreed up front, and fully reflect the customer’s solution to be delivered.
- Work closely with delivery teams — both internal and external — and act as the voice of the customer, with commercial responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time, on quality and on budget.
- Where appropriate, participate in regular reviews between customers, the internal operations team and any third-parties.
- When required, represent the company at trade shows and other industry events, including providing demonstrations and general information on Simplestream’s products and services.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
- Well-organised with a methodical approach to tasks and effective time management.
- A customer-centric attitude with a strong desire to exceed a client’s expectations whenever feasible.
- Personable with a proven record of establishing and continually developing effective relationships with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in writing proposals and responding to RFI’s/RFP’s, plus the production and effective delivery of presentations to senior managers.
- Understanding and knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of TV, digital video broadcast and streaming technologies (such as encoding, metadata management, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud platforms).
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).