We are looking for a highly motivated and technically capable new member of our growing sales team. This new role will work as part of the commercial team and will help to foster and deliver new business. You will help to find and nurture new leads, demonstrate and communicate our solutions with potential customers, and work to shape propositions that maximise their opportunities.
Whilst relationship building is important, we are also looking for an individual who is confident handling some technical detail and who relishes the challenge of consultative solutions selling.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Simplestream’s solutions and technology to help deliver solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Conduct initial outreach to engage and set-up meetings with new inbound leads or identified targets.
- Assist in the creation of target customer lists based on provided criteria.
- Take ownership of all commercial aspects related to the sale of Simplestream’s solutions including documentation such as proposal documents, presentations and responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of all aspects of the company’s products and services.
- Maintain detailed records of customer development activities within our CRM to ensure effective follow-ups and good communication across the business.
- Negotiate effective contracts that fully reflect the customer’s solution and maximise value for all parties (with assistance from the team)
- The position will involve occasional international travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of digital video broadcast and streaming technologies such as encoding, metadata management, CDNs, adaptive streaming and cloud platforms preferred.
- Experience in writing proposals and responding to RFI’s/RFP’s preferable.
- Experience of presenting to senior managers at potential or existing customers.
- Understanding and knowledge of the changing landscape of TV and Video Streaming, including broadcast media and telecom value chains preferred.
- High energy and self-motivated with ability to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
At Simplestream, we believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in our bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Direct pension contributions;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Friday treats (usually cakes);
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!).
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).