We are looking for an exceptional Technical Sales Engineer. This new role will work as part of the commercial team and act as a key communication bridge with our product and technical delivery teams providing pre-sales technical support and definition of appropriate customer solutions. You will help to demonstrate and communicate our solutions with potential customers and maintain alignment with our outstanding product and delivery teams.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of Simplestream’s solutions and technology to help architect technical solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Provide technical support to the sales team throughout the sales process.
- Take ownership of all technical aspects related to the sale of Simplestream’s solutions including solution documentation such as proposal documents, presentations and responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Accountability for the technical validity of the proposed solution.
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of all aspects of the company’s products and services.
- The position involves occasional international travel, including attendance of the main industry tradeshows such as IBC and NAB
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of digital video broadcast, streaming technology, video client devices (mobile, web etc.), networking infrastructure and cloud hosting (AWS ideally).
- Demonstrable industry experience of video workflows including content acquisition, encoding, packaging, DRM, CDN, metadata ingest and software-based monitoring and management.
- Attention to detail with technical documents.
- Extensive experience in responding to RFI’s, RFP’s from a technical point of view
- Customer focused and experience of working with technical business-to-business sales.
- Experience of presenting to new and existing customers.
- Experience in writing white papers, solution blueprints, and architectural diagrams
- Understanding and knowledge about the changing landscape of TV and Video Streaming, including broadcast media and telecom value chains.
- High energy and self-motivated with ability to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills and flexibility to work in a small team.
Founded in 2010, Simplestream is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. We work with the likes of Sony, A+E Networks, News Corp, QVC, Discovery, Turner, MTG and MP & Silva to launch next generation TV services. Our end-to-end Cloud TV Platform and underlying Media Manager software is redefining how online video is delivered.
We are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality and seeking to hire the best talent. We offer competitive salaries and a bunch of perks. Our London office is right next to Piccadilly Circus in the heart of Central London and is a fun and friendly environment in which you can further develop your skills and experiences through working on some of the most exciting digital video projects in the industry.
We currently provide the following benefits to employees (with more in the pipeline):
- Company contributions into a workplace pension scheme;
- Salary sacrifice for things such as childcare vouchers, personal pension contributions, etc.;
- Free Perkbox membership, e.g. free mobile phone insurance, discounts at various cinemas, restaurants and retailers (Apple, Amazon, etc.);
- Free snacks and drinks (including beer!);
- Free employee lunch every Wednesday;
- Free cakes every Friday;
- Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).